Sunday 4 March 2012

And Zoidberg

My favorite sport is baseball.  I love baseball because it is boring, and therefore I don't have to devote my full attention to it.  I can watch a baseball game and at the same time read a book, or write, or draw, or do a million other things, and not lose any enjoyment.  With basketball, it is just the opposite, the action is so fast I have to give it my full attention.  With American Armoured Wankball, the action is too sporadic (10 seconds of action followed by 40 seconds of overweight men standing around catching their breath) I often quickly lose interest.  With futbol, if I watch with full attention, nothing will happen, but as soon as I look away, the only goal of the match will be scored.  But baseball is a perfect fit for me.

So, since spring training is starting up, you would think that is what I would be watching.  Well, you'd be wrong.  March is the greatest month of sports (topped only by the World Cup, and that only comes every 4 years), and that is because of College Basketball.  College Basketball is so great because of the sheer emotion -- unlike ever other sport, in college you only get four years to compete.  If you fail to take advantage, it is the end.  You may never be in this position again.  Pain, hope, despairation, euphoria -- every shot, every play, is full of all these emotions.  There is nothing in this world that matches the drama of the occasion.  And so I devote an inordinate amount of time to basketball this month, to pay tribute to fullest expression of humanity that exists.

Anyway, I'm going to really busy of the next two weeks, because I try to catch as much of it as I can.  Here is what my computer looked like most of Saturday
And yes, that is Zoidberg in the top left corner.  College fans are the crazy, another reason why this is the great time of the year.  Now, I must leave, for there are more games to been seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment